Bubble Gum Crisis is the third episode of Tom and Jerry in New York.
Tom and Jerry want bubblegum, but get into sticky situations.
The episode begins with new guests arriving at the hotel. A child is shown buying a bubblegum at the hotel's vending machine. Both protagonists spot the scene and feel a taste for the gum. Jerry manages to sneak first inside the vending machine and gets to the candy, much to Tom's dismay. The cat shakes the vending machine, which causes it to spill the contents to the floor and the bubblegum is lost. The bubblegum stock is replenished by the serviceman, who refills the machine. Jerry manages to sneak past him to the bag to snatch the candy. When Tom attempts to chase Jerry there, the serviceman spots him and Tom has to flee. As the result, Jerry gets his own bubblegum.
Back at his hotel room, Tom is trying to rest, when Jerry bothers him with his bubblegum. The cat gets mad and snatches the bubblegum bag from Jerry's hands, and winds up falling from the window. Hopefully for Tom, the bubblegum he managed to chew creates a balloon large enough to support him, so he can fly around the city. He even manages to win the balloon race.
- This episode has Tom and Jerry with bubble gum like in The Bodyguard.
- The Royal Gate Hotel is not the same in the movie 2021.
- This is the first time in this series that Tom and Jerry have won.
- And also the first time that Tom won in this series.
- The episode is 3 minutes instead of 5 minutes.
- This is first episode that runs for 3 minutes.