Eliza is an teenage babysitter who appears in Tom, the Babysitter from the Tom & Jerry Kids Show, and is based upon Jeannie from the classic MGM shorts: Busy Buddies and Tot Watchers. She is voiced by Kath Soucie.
Appearance and PersonalityEliza is a white teenage girl who has am ivory skin tone complexion and orange hair that is tied into pigtails, plus she has bangs. She wears a yellow long-sleeved shirt with a teal sleeveless sweater over it, white pants, teal shoes, and briefly wears a teal cap. While it's her task to babysit the baby while his mother is out, she regularly relies on the telephone than doing her actual babysitting. When Tom points out to her that the baby has crawled out of the crib, she puts the blame on Tom for "bothering the baby", despite her actual negligence.
The babysitter has many friends from high school, but only mentioned during dialogue on the telephone. Her best friend is Marcie, whom she's talking on the phone to. Her other friends include Gary, Nathan, Linda, Mark, Terry, Bruce and etc.
- She always talks on the phone.
- "So, what did he say then, Marcie?"
- "Are you serious?"
- "Get lost!"
- "Oh, no, no, no, not you, Marcie. This dumb cat."
- "No! Forget it!"
- "No, no, no, no, no. I meant no to the cat. Yes to the prom."
- "Does the word loser mean anything to you?!"
- "Who told you to take the baby out of his crib? One more stuff like that, and you're out of here!"
- Even as Jeannie's replacement character, she's also not well-liked because of her doing the same negligence with her job. This concept is dropped from further usage in future Tom and Jerry projects, as child endangerment became a serious issue amongst parents.