Doctor Strange in The Multiverse o Madness - The Loop
Do you like this video?
HBO Max is an American subscription video on demand streaming service from WarnerMedia Entertainment, a division of AT&T's WarnerMedia.
Tom and Jerry Programming
The service offered:
- Tom and Jerry (not all titles available)
- Tom and Jerry Special Shorts (Max Original)
- Tom and Jerry in New York (Max Original)
Later offerings included:
- Tom and Jerry: The Movie (removed)
- Tom and Jerry: A Nutcracker Tale (removed)
- Tom and Jerry: Santa's Little Helpers (removed)
- Tom and Jerry (2021) (concurrently with the theatrical release; removed from HBO Max after 31 days; added again on July 15)
- The removal of Tom and Jerry Special Shorts and multiple Tom and Jerry shorts outraged fans and caused major backlash and several petitions.
- Some of the Tom and Jerry shorts are actually Tex Avery shorts.
- The Tom and Jerry shorts are arranged in alphabetical order rather than chronological. This is similarly to how various British linear television used to air the shorts. Despite this, HBO Max divides the shorts into "seasons".
- In addition to Tom and Jerry, HBO Max compiles its other classic cartoon libraries in this method. HBO Max is only streaming service that practices this. Other services, such as Netflix and Disney+, slots each theatrical short independently, if they are not a collective serial by design. In Disney+'s case, whilst each short has an independent slot, they can still be compiled in specialised collectives. HBO Max itself also supports collectives, but the animated short films are still compiled in a serial system.