A hilarious send-up of the Robert Louis Stevenson tale. As assistants to Dr. Jackal, Tom and Jerry become involved in the doctor's experiments with a formula designed to make short people tall, but which turns the scientist into a monster instead. Dr. Jackal turns from monster to man to monster, while the horrified cat and mouse run helplessly in all directions. When the doctor finally realizes what has happened, he throws the formula out the window. It falls into Fido's food dish and turns the lovable mutt into a monster dog who chases Tom and Jerry around the lab while Dr. Jackal works on an antidote.
- This cartoon is a spoof of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde.
- This is a reworking of the 1947 Oscar nominee Dr. Jekyll And Mr. Mouse.
- Once more, Tom & Jerry break their silence. Jerry says, "Quack," in his imitation of a duck, multiple times. Tom and Jerry both say, "Yow!" and then, "Hmm...ah-ha!".
- The cop's name is Sergeant Farce. Perhaps he specializes in dealing with crank phone calls, like the neighborhood people calling him about monsters in their houses?
- The suit of armor T&J use to hide in resembles The Black Knight, the villain in the premiere episode of Scooby-Doo, Where Are You! (CBS, 1969-72/1974-76), "What A Night For A Knight."
- "See Dr. Jackal And Hide!" recycles underscore first used in Help! It's The Hair Bear Bunch! and Partridge Family 2200 A.D. (Dr. Jackal playing 'charades' with T&J at the beginning of the episode).