Sleepy-Time Tom is a 1951 Tom and Jerry cartoon.
Tom and his cat friends—Butch, Lightning, and Meathead—are singing loudly at the crack of dawn. The cats drop Tom off at home; he is very tired from the night out. He climbs up onto the window ledge. Mammy Two Shoes (voiced by Lillian Randolph) chastises Tom for leaving her to take over his job of keeping Jerry out of the refrigerator while he was out partying all night. Tom goes to the kitchen and nearly falls asleep until Mammy warns him that he will be kicked out of the house if she catches him sleeping. Jerry hears Mammy's warnings and decides to make things difficult for Tom, encouraging the cat to fall asleep in order to get him thrown out.
Tom ends up drinking loads of coffee to keep himself alert. Even after drinking from the whole pot, Tom still falls asleep until Mammy asks him Were you sleeping?. Tom shakes his head, Tom continues to try everything to stay awake. Tom cunningly paints yellow circles on his eyelids to give the illusion that he is awake though his eyes are closed and he is sleeping. Mammy is led to believe that Tom is awake, but Jerry sees through Tom's ploy, Jerry decides to rips off part of Tom's fur. The cat is immediately woken and chases after Jerry, but Jerry has made signs (which resemble the popular Burma-Shave road signs), Tom stops to read them: Are you sleepy? Want a bed? Solid comfort - straight ahead.
Jerry's signs lead Tom to Mammy's bedroom, where Tom falls asleep. Jerry watches as an unsuspecting Mammy sees Tom on her bed, and violently throws Tom out of the house. Tom crashes into a fence but soon falls asleep once again with brick as a pillow since he is too tired to care. Around the corner come Tom's friends, then upon spotting Tom having dozed off they pick him up and tug him along with them through the alleyway, singing in the moonlight once again whilst they are leaving.
- This is the first and only Tom & Jerry short where Meathead wins in the end.
- This is the first cartoon where Meathead and Lightning are seen together, hence proving that these two cats are separate characters. In such instances, both cats are colored differently to tell apart from each other. Both Meathead and Lightning would reappear side-by-side again in the Spike and Tyke cartoon "Scat Cats".
- When dropping Tom at his house in the beginning, Lightning and Meathead appear to have had their colors switched, with Lightning being colored brown and Meathead being colored orange. This mistake is shown to be fixed when the three cats reappear in the end.
- When Tom was drinking coffee to stay awake, there were no stains on the floor but we can see coffee spilling out.
- After Mammy reminded Tom when she pulls out the kettle, you can see her hand skipped frame-by-frame and points to Tom.