Tom and Jerry M16 is an upcoming live action/animated film that will be produced by Warner Animation Group. It is set to be released on December 23, 2020.
Jerry the Mouse lives within the walls of a large hotel that hosts a ton of weddings. When a girl’s job is on the line, she gets the piano player, Tom, to help rid them of their pest problem. However, it only gives her more attention.
- William Hanna and Mel Blanc (Archive audio) as Tom
- William Hanna, Mel Blanc and June Foray (Archive audio) as Jerry
- Chloë Grace Moretz as Kayla
- Michael Peña as Terrance
- Carson Grant as TBA
- Camilla Arfwedson as Linda Perrybottom
- Colin Jost as Taco Jones
- Ken Jeong as Jackie
- Rob Delaney as DuBros
- Christina Chong as Lola
- Pallavi Sharda as Preeta
- Jordan Bolger as Cameron
- Patsy Ferran as TBA
- Kerri McLean as News Reporter
- Camilla Rutherford as Wealthy Woman
- Daniel Adegboyega as Gavin
- Obie Matthew as Wedding Guest
- Janis Ahern as Mrs. Erickson
- Joakim Skarli as Chef
- Grant Crookes as Driver
- Chelsea Li as Hotel Bar Guest
- Joelle Koissi as New York Resident
- Daniel Eghan as New York Citizen
- Tina Louise Owens as New York resident
- Ty Hurley as Hotel Guest
Warner Bros. is planning to bring "Tom and Jerry" to life as CGI characters that run around in live-action settings. The adaptation will adapt the classic Hanna-Barbera property as an origin story that reveals how Tom and Jerry first meet and form their rivalry before getting lost in Chicago and reluctantly working together during an arduous journey home.
On April 6, 2015 a new theatrical feature film was announced. It will be completely animated and will be "in the same vein" as the source material. Cate Adams and Jesse Ehrman will oversee the movie.
However, in October 2018, it was announced that it will instead be a live action/animated hybrid film and will begin filming at Warner Bros. Studios, Leavesden later in 2019.
In April 2019, Chloë Grace Moretz joined the cast as Kayla, a girl who works at a hotel that gets occupied by Jerry, forcing her to bring in Tom to get rid of him.
In May 2019, Michael Peña joined the cast as the antagonist, Terrance, the deputy general manager of the hotel.
In July 2019, Colin Jost joined the cast. Later in the month, Ken Jeong, Rob Delaney, Jordan Bolger and Pallavi Sharda Joined the cast.
Patsy Ferran was revealed to be part of the cast in September.
In October 2019, the film's release date has been changed to December of 2020.
- This is the third Tom and Jerry film to be released in theaters. The first being Tom and Jerry: The Movie and the second being Tom and Jerry: The Fast and the Furry that was theatrically released in select cities of the U.S. by Kidtoon Films. Although, this will be the second Tom and Jerry film made specifically for worldwide theatrical release.
- The film marks the third time where the animated characters Tom and Jerry make an appearance with real life humans, after 1945's Anchors Aweigh and 1953's Dangerous When Wet, but is the first film where they are the focus rather than making a cameo appearance in a brief sequence.
- The movie will be directed by Tim Story, and this will be the first film he worked on that is aimed at a much younger audience.